Monday, October 19, 2009

Welcome to Beautiful Downtown Hyannis!


The Barnstable Human Service Needs Committee was formed in 2001 to analyze problems with the human services industry, including the quality of services at the NOAH Shelter, adjacent Chase Sober House, and The O'Neill/Duffy Clinic providing medical and psychiatric services for the homeless. Under the tenure of Royden Richardson, it was established that a number of clinics and agencies were providing substandard and negligent care and services to convicted felons, habitual narcotics addicts and sex offenders.

The organizations and agencies involved continued to plan a number of extravagant projects an expand negligent care and services to bigger facilities in both downtown Hyannis and neighboring towns on Cape Cod. The committee now includes a number of organizations, agencies and departments, and his headed by liaison, Barnstable Town Cuncilor Janice Barton. The problem has now extended to a number of municipal agencies including the Barnstable Housing Authority and The Barnstable Police Department. Chief Paul MacDonald was hired with reservations after the abrupt dismissal of Chief John Finnegan.

Both MacDonald and Finnegan were found taking vacation trips and jaunts to Florida at taxpayer expense. After an audit peformed by an outside accountant and Mark Milne, Barnstable Chief Financial Officer, it was uncovered that these funds came from the informant slush monies that were meant to be paid to people who do the police department's dirty work. People like me!

Mary Clements
75 Pearl Street #2
Hyannis, MA 02601

February 9, 2008

Dalia Faustino
The New Bedford Housing Authority
134 South 2nd Street
New Bedford, MA 02740

Dear Ms. Faustino,

I am currently looking to move my Section 8 Housing Voucher back to The New Bedford Area. My understanding is that the Barnstable Housing Authority administers my Housing Voucher but New Bedford originally awarded me the Section 8 when I became homeless through no fault of my own in 2001.

I have had continued difficulty here in Barnstable with immersion into narcotics infested community and I have worked well with Federal Authorities in regard to public safety in this jurisdiction. There was a lot of difficulty with narcotics trafficking in the former building where I made my residence and my accounts of violence were disputed as “imaginary” and “delusional”. The building was monitored by the DEA and I was participatory in collecting materials and evidence that supports my claim that the local human service establishments here in Barnstable were operating at a negligent standard and public safety was seriously compromised. The allegations implicate local law enforcement and The District Attorney’s Office.

Unfortunately, my own safety has been severely compromised and Judge Donald Carpenter of The Barnstable District Court stated openly and on the record that he could not “guarantee” my safety here in Barnstable. There are significant problems with law enforcement and I am now considered a witness to illegality and corruption thought once to be “imaginary”. I have asked that I be moved to a secure location without having to leave a forwarding address to parties here in Barnstable. I have spoken with an attorney, J. Drew Segadelli in this matter. Kim Gomez of The Barnstable Housing Authority informed me that I could not take my Housing Voucher according to customary protocol and seek a new apartment. She is aware of incidents that I have witnessed here in Barnstable.

I am informing you of my intent to leave Barnstable County and relocate to a safer area without any more interference or further compromise to my personal safety.

Sincerely,

Mary Clements


Here's the gang, and yes, that's Councilor Janice Barton, hiding in the back!