Thursday, November 5, 2009

Time to Hire an Attorney was Yesterday! One Year Left Before the Statute of Limitations Runs Out!

Mary Clements
181 Onset Avenue
Onset, MA 02558

November 5, 2009

David R. Daly, Esq.
12A Mica Lane
Wellesley, MA 02481

Dear Mr. Daly,
Please consider the enclosed computerized disc that provides a video of my removal from the podium at the Barnstable Town Meetings of March 6th and March 21st. As you can see, the sitting Barnstable Town Council President objected to the content of the brief oration that compromised her stature and suggests impropriety on her part. I have enclosed a written text of my comments. There is nothing objectionable in the wording of the short speeches. The sitting Town Council President is objecting due to matters that point to impropriety on her part. Members of a group called Citizens for Open Government placed the film clips of the narrations on YouTube. There was extensive discussion in the media in regard to these events and on Internet websites. The item also generated articles in local news and media outlets.

I have also enclosed the response of my former Precinct Councilor J. Gregory Milne at a subsequent council meeting. Councilor Milne was advised by a number of his constituents and supporters that he should comment on my behalf and challenge the sitting Town Council President. I suggested to him personally that this was not necessary. Unfortunately, the former Barnstable Town Council President is aware of my diagnosis of emotional illness. President Joakim lobbied for expansion of a negligent human service industry despite my objections in 2003. Please refer to her Internet site comments and postings that refer publicly to my “mental illness”. President Joakim has a long history of embarrassing adversaries and publicly humiliating constituents that disagree with her. Not only were my rights to Free Speech violated, but Joakim proceeded to embarrass and humiliate me publicly over the Internet. Councilor Joakim, who narrowly beat an incumbent in the last municipal election threatened to post some of my medical records on her website.

The Barnstable Town Attorney, David Houghton, Esq. once suggested he would settle this matter out of court. Could you look into this for me?

Sincerely,

Mary Clements



Removed from the podium twice for comments offensive to the sitting Barnstable Town Council President. Unfortunately, Taryn refers to her own child as a "Kid of Convenience" in several postings with her child's phograph published.