Monday, September 21, 2009

Well, Stu, That's Gratitude for Ya!


Did I mention gratitude to those who made the effort to move me from the dangerous and violent surroundings at 72 North Street, the Kendrick's Building? The building managed by Stuart Bornstein was much safer and better maintained. Many thank you's to one member of the Barnstable Police Department. For the record, many are disputing as to whether I ever suffered from any "mental illness" whatsoever. There are some that have recognized the long term effects of corruption. As usual, most health care professionals, psychiatric providers, and executives of the human services don't care, and simply don't want to know. They find reality it isn't lucrative Go figure!

Consider the correspondence posted below:

Mary Clements
72 North Street # 9
Hyannis, MA 02601

November 25, 2003

Mr. Robert Hooper
Barnstable Housing Authority
Hyannis, MA 02601

Dear Mr. Hooper,

I am writing to request an increase in the payment standard as a reasonable accommodation to my disability.

As you are aware from documents forwarded previously, my illness is Manic – Depressive Illness or Bipolar Disorder. My condition has been exacerbated by the conditions where I currently live and my illness is worsening. I have been hospitalized three times since the last override that I applied for was denied by HUD. I was most recently hospitalized two weeks ago after presenting in the Emergency Room with an Acute Paranoid Psychotic Breakdown. I was screaming that 72 North Street was a crack house and thrashing in a state of heightened fear and confusion. My psychiatric nurse practioner and prescriber will forward documentation of how my current living conditions have contributed to the exacerbation of my illness.

This new apartment maintains several advantages as presented below.

1) Mr Bornstein has guaranteed me that Village Apartments is safe and secure. I will be free from the constant threats of local narcotics offenders. The locks on the doors are well maintained and secure as opposed to the current lack of security with which I currently live. Please refer to the photographs I have enclosed of the doors which have been pryed open twice by offenders and the propped open for easy access.


2) The Village Apartment are well maintained and clients are screened carefully for cooperative living. Although there are other apartments in Hyannis and you suggest that a cheaper aparment could be found to suit my needs, there is a pervasive problem with slum lords dealing with HAC/NOAH. Arlene Crosby admitted to me that the landlord who owns Park Square Aparments where she considered placing me deals narcotics with Eddie Reed whose photograph you will see freebasing outside my window. I was promised that there would be no illegal narcotics dealing on the premises if I rented from Fidde Realty Trust. HAC also places people in a crack house on Main Street across from Maggie’s Ice Cream Shoppe. It appears that although there are lesser priced apartments in the area, they are immersed and infected with narcotics infestation. I have photographed a series of crack houses around the Hyannis area. I have also photographed Mr. Bornstein’s Village Apartments for point of reference.

3) I intend to pursue civil litigation against several parties including HAC/NOAH/DUFFY and others that were complicit in the violation of my civil and constitutional rights and I would like to be close to the people who will be assisting me in my case, but in an organized and stable environment. I have been asked to possibly serve as a federal witness in an ongoing investigation involving the local human service establishment and I will need to be accessible to a number of state and federal investigators involving this issue.


Thank you for your time and consideration.


Sincerely,

Mary Clements