Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ah, The Recall Effort of Janet Swain Joakim. The Good Ole'Days!


During the late winter months of 2008, a cleverly designed effort to remove former President Janet Swain Joakim took the Town of Barnstable by storm. President Janet Joakim, the consummate opportunist covered up a number of illegal and improper actions by Town Officials including the dismissal of Chief John Finnegan.

President Janet Joakim was instrumental in the hiring of Interim Chief Paul MacDonald after allegations of misconduct of town officials and law enforcement agents were forwarded to victims of violent crime in Barnstable. President Janet Joakim and Senator Rob O'Leary lobbied in 2003 for the expansion of negligent services to Fish Landing/Mildred's Chowder House. Housing Assistance Corporation was planning lavish and extravagant projects such as The "Dana's Fields Project" and promoting substandard services to clients at the Duffy Clinic.

Joakim was made aware of the compromise to public safety during the August 19, 2003 meeting at the Barnstable Airport Commission. Instead of demonstrating gratitude that the problems were under investigation, Joakim developed a hostile and vicious attitude toward the informant working with federal investigators and public officials.

When it became apparent that Chief Finnegan was responsible for the taking of sufficient bribes to support the human services and ignore problems with violent crime in the downtown Hyannis area, Finnegan was dismissed. Please review postings indicating the former Chief and District Attorney were aware of violence exacerbated in the area.

Clearly, you can observe President Janet Swain Joakim flatly lying to constituents and residents of the Town of Barnstable in regard to her malicious and vitriolic "hate blogging". President Janet Swain Joakim directed the controversial commenter to be forcibly removed from the podium based on items that compromised the stature of the sitting Town Council President.

Please review correspondence forwarded to the Office of the Town Attorney and President Janet Swain Joakim. The commenter removed from the podium apologized and assumed responsibility for President Joakim's assault on First Amendment Rights. To date, Barnstable Town Attorney Ruth Weil, Town Manager John Klimm, President Fred Chirigotis and Councilor Joakim have yet to to interpret the "apology" as a "quid pro quo".

Ruth Weil was stunned to discover that the disposal of all information pertaining to corruption meant that I had forwarded items indicating impropriety to Federal Agents. Joakim was instructed to step down as President, but retained her council seat. Only Joakim is dumb enough to believe that if the offended party left Barnstable, her political problems would simply go away!



Mary Clements
75 Pearl Street #2
Hyannis, MA 02601

March 17, 2008

Ms. Ruth Weil, Esq.
Office of the Town Attorney
The Barnstable Town Hall
367 Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601

Dear Ms. Weil,

Thank you so much for meeting with me last week. As you are aware, there has been a compromise to the safety of a child in the village of Marstons Mills. I have previously enclosed my comments in regard to public safety initiatives for all children. You are aware of my removal from the podium at the Meeting of the Barnstable Town Council of March 6, 2008.

Please consider a portion of the correspondence that has been forwarded to public officials and attorneys with interests in safety for innocent and vulnerable children in the Town of Barnstable. I have been asked to remain in Barnstable County until further notice. My ability to function has been compromised as a result of the actions of President Janet Joakim. I continue my concern for the safety of innocent children throughout the Town of Barnstable. I have apologized profusely in writing to the sitting president of the current council. I am hoping that my specious apology will thwart any other outrageous action on the part of President Joakim in regard to the Wilcox family.

I am hoping that Ms. Joakim will be resigning presently.

Unfortunately, I have discovered a direct connection between Housing Assistance Corporation, your office, and President Joakim. As you are aware, I have complained extensively in the past of the compromise of safety to clients and the greater community because of the reckless actions of Housing Assistance Corporation. In September of 2003, President Joakim supported the expansion of this negligent and substandard service organization. You may be aware of the documents that conclude there is a convolution of this organization with local law enforcement and the Office of The District Attorney. Unfortunately, President Joakim has now involved the Town of Barnstable in an ongoing federal investigation and impending civil litigation.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,


Mary Clements


It's Janet Joakim, Precinct Six, Waving Bye-bye!

Mary Clements
75 Pearl Street #2
Hyannis, MA, 02601

March 12, 2008

Ms. Ruth Weil, Esq.
367 Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601

Dear Ms. Weil,

Please review the apology to President Janet Joakim. I truly apologize for any difficulty I may have caused at the Barnstable Town Meeting of January 6, 2008. I understand that I have been at times an incredible annoyance to the members of the Barnstable Town Council. You have been very supportive of initiatives to improve safety in the Town of Barnstable and I am truly sorry for any difficulty I have caused.

I have disposed of any and all information that I have saved over the past seven years and I am looking to get on with my life in a more appropriate manner. Once again I apologize for any difficulty I have caused.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Mary Clements



Mary Clements
75 Pearl Street #2
Hyannis, MA 02601

March 26, 2008

Ms. Ruth Weil, Esq.
Office of the Town Attorney
The Barnstable Town Hall
367 Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601

Dear Ms. Weil,

Please review a copy of a document placed on an Internet site this past weekend. Clearly, there is sufficient reason to believe that Barnstable Town Council President Janet Joakim is responsible for provoking and agitating constituents with derisive and malicious comments. Joakim maintains that her “blog” is not a hate blog and that she is not responsible for antagonizing irresponsible speech. The sitting President continues to be a liability and her actions warrant litigation.

You should be aware that my medical records are extensive. The police and emergency services personnel were removing me from a known crack house and transporting me to the emergency room of Cape Cod Hospital. I continued to ask to speak with law enforcement personnel. I was told by both the Emergency Room clinicians and psychiatric providers that my recollections and accounts of living in a documented crack house were delusional and imaginary. I was told by my treating "psychiatrist" that I had no credibility.

I began to photograph and record violence concentrated in downtown Hyannis associated with The NOAH Shelter and surrounding properties. Convicted felons and sex offenders including Christopher McCowan were photographed in the area. You are in possession of photographs of sex offenders freebasing in the backyard of properties adjacent to the shelter forwarded to you previously. I have continued to be outspoken in regard to public safety issues and a compromise to the health and welfare of all children. President Joakim has continued to lobby for funding for substandard and negligent services.

I continue to demand the immediate resignation and dismissal of President Joakim.

Sincerely,


Mary Clements

cc. Demetrius Atsalis
Senator Robert O’Leary